Monday, July 9, 2012

Run For Liberty 5K


I hope you all had an AMAZING 4th of July!

We started our looooong weekend with a fireworks show put on by the boyfriend's sister and brother's (yes, they live in the same neighborhood!) neighbor. The little cul-de-sac has this tradition of attempting to set their homes on fire every 4th of July.

They ALMOST succeeded this year. When we arrived, all the neighbors were watering their lawns to prep for the fireworks. Partway through the show the canister fell over and shot off several fireworks horizontally around the cul-de-sac. A few houses took direct hits. People ran out of their yards and driveways to take shelter in their garages super fast.

It was fun. And very entertaining. And somewhat scary.

The morning of the 4th of July we met some friends for a 5K!
Yes, my sister and I dressed alike and no, it was not intentional.

To say it was hot is an understatement, but we had a blast! It was Sarah's first 5K. The first 5K the boyfriend and I have done together. And the first 5K I have done in ages with lots of friends running too! 

I was a little anxious about my time. So I did what every crazy nervous person would do - registered under a made up name:

Place O'All  Name                                  Ag  Time
===== ===== ===================
1          47  SHANNON MCCROSBY 32   25:02

I felt kinda bad when the results came in...but it's my middle name and my last name IS in there!
A little age group swag!
I love doing small races, but I love being able to run with my friends and hang out drinking a celebratory Ale 8 even more!

Thursday morning we headed to Chicago for my cousin's wedding. More to come on that later!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, you ARE crazy! I can't believe you'd sign up with a fake-ish name and then get a time like THAT!!! I've NEVER even run that fast in my life, you bloody weirdo! ;) Love ya anyways...

    ReplyDelete