Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year New Goals

Thursday a.m. workout: 2 mile run on treadmill. Meant to do more, but being awake in the middle of the night for a couple of hours changed my plan.

Happy New Year!
Our NYE wine
We stayed in, cooked dinner together, watched a movie then tuned in just time to see the ball drop on NYE. Perfect low key evening!

I planned on running on New Year's Day, but pulled something in my leg on my last run, so I gave it another day of rest. I really enjoy runs on Jan 1st, but this seemed to be the smart move since it was still pretty painful. 
Pre Sharon Woods run
Goals for 2013 consist of 2 separate lists - mine and ours!


Our Goals:  
  • Waste less food (we are not always good at finishing leftovers)
  • Volunteer together
  • Install garage door opener
  • Cook at home together more often (we definitely go through spurts of being really good at this then really bad)
  • Clean out the garage
  • Redo the kitchen cabinets
  • Put in a new floor
  • Join the YMCA
  • Get married!!!

My Goals: 
  • Run a race longer than a marathon (the "ultra" word scares me!)
  • Stretch, stretch, stretch!
  • Run every day for 1 month (at least one mile)
  • Meal plan 
  • Strength train consistently
I know this is going to be quite a busy year, so I don't want to overwhelm myself with personal goals; however, I would like to point out that one of Our Goals is already crossed off the list - go us!

What are your goals for the year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment