Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Three Way Time!

Tuesday p.m.: 3.5 mile treadmill run; weights

The plan was to run outside.

Then this happened.


Yep, I wussed out because of rain.
Mostly because I had a long drive home and was still planning to lift weights too. Running in the rain isn't so bad if you can get warm and dry and cozy for the rest of the night.

So I hit the treadmill for a quick 3.5 miles.
My friend Kelly was on the tread next to me, so we still got to talk and help the time go by.

Lifting felt very hard last night. Maybe because I haven't lifted since last Thursday? Luckily it was a fairly short lifting session.
 
So, it's not quite official yet because I haven't registered yet, but my plan is to do the 3-Way for the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon. I do plan on registering this week though!

What is a 3-way?
Via

Made Cincinnati-famous by Skyline Chili of course!

This is the 15th year for the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon, so they added on a few special challenges.

The 3-Way is completing the 5K and 10K on Saturday then completing the half marathon on Sunday. Sound fun, right?!

I feel this is exactly what I was looking for.
I didn't want to commit to a full marathon so that I can enjoy getting married and all the craziness that goes along with it, but one half marathon just wasn't enough for me either.

If I wasn't getting married I would be all about the 4-Way: 5K, 10K and full marathon!

I think this challenge was created just for me!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I'm so jealous. This sounds AWESOME! And the threeway was always my fave. Gosh, I miss it. I have to come to the 'nati and visit and eat pronto!!! You lucky thing, this sounds so, so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to come and do it with me! I'll even buy you a 3-way afterwards! Or you can always come join the fun of the wedding celebration in July!!

    ReplyDelete